Version 5.0 is a new major release of F-Stop. This release introduces some important changes. If you are interested in technical details please see this post.
Here are the changes:
Changes for the end user
- OSX 10.11 El Capitan required
- New graphical interface for Image Browser.
- Videos can now be played within Image Browser
- Improved performance of Photo Downloader. Downloads are executed concurrently with a progress bar for each download
- Improved upload performance with concurrent uploads (Max 10 concurrent uploads. To be set in preferences)
- Added ability to specify geolocation in Uploads and in Metadata Editor
- Improved editing of tags when Photo View is displaying a selection
- Improved animation of sidebars
- QuickEditor is now displayed using CMD+Left Click on a Photo (instead of a long left click)
- User definable default custom size for uploads
- Removed support for Google Maps
Under the hood changes:
- Removed all deprecated methods of old releases of OSX including NSURLConnection
- Increased logical separation between application modules using Frameworks
- Fixed a bug when displaying Total in statistics view
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Fixed a bug when displaying notes in Photo View
- Fixed a crash when starting slideshow in Photo View
- Other minor bug fixes
This is the how F-Stop version 5 looks like.